- About us
- Our projects
- News & Media
20 October 2020
Bonjour Startup Montréal announces its first Board of Directors, an important step in the governance of this young non-profit organization, created in 2019 by the OSMO and Montréal inc. foundations and financially supported by the City of Montréal and the Ministère de l’Économie et de l’Innovation. The composition of the new Board of Directors reflects Bonjour Startup Montréal’s mission, which is to rally the ecosystem and mobilize its main players to accelerate the growth and visibility of Montréal’s startup community.
To that end, the Board of Directors is made up of key players who represent the diversity of the startup ecosystem’s components.It is co-chaired on an interim basis by Norman Hébert and Alan MacIntosh, who respectively chair the Mtl inc. and OSMO boards of directors. The complete list of board members is as follows:
- Alan MacIntosh, Partner, Real Ventures (co-president of the Board)
- Norman Hébert, President and CEO, Groupe Park Avenue (co-president of the Board)
- Isabelle Bettez, Administrator and Coach, Co-founder, 8D Technologies Inc.
- Alexandra Bonnefoy, Consultant, BDC Capital
- Amira Boutouchent, Co-founder, Bridgr
- Richard Chénier, Managing Director, Centech
- Deborah Chèrenfant, Regional manager, Women entrepreneurs, Quebec, TD Bank GroupChair & Spokesperson, Junior Chamber of Commerce of Montreal
- Patrick Gagné, Entrepreneur in residence, Bonjour Startup Montréal and CEO, Founderfuel
- Louis-Edgar Jean François, CEO, Groupe 3737
- Indra Kubicek, CEO, Kids Code Jeunesse
- Liette Lamonde, CEO, Bonjour Startup Montréal and Managing Director, Montréal inc.
- Marina Pavolvic Rivas, CEO and Co-founder, Eli Health
- Éric Phaneuf, President and CEO, Walter Capital Partners
- Philippe Telio, Founder, Startupfest
The Board of Directors also includes the following people as observers:
- Caroline Coin, Directrice territoriale, Direction du territoire métropolitain, Ministère de l’économie et de l’innovation
- Géraldine Martin, Directrice de l’entrepreneuriat, Service du Développement économique, Ville de Montréal
“We are pleased to be able to ensure a solid foundation for Bonjour Startup Montréal and affirm our role in supporting and building the ecosystem in order to maximize the players’ collective impact. In the current context, I am particularly proud of the composition of the Board of Directors, which effectively represents the full diversity of our ecosystem,” Liette Lamonde, CEO of Bonjour Startup Montréal.
Since its creation 18 months ago, Bonjour Startup Montréal has developed a number of tools to serve the city’s startup ecosystem, including an initial comprehensive portrait, a detailed map, and active monitoringof government programs and activities during the pandemic. More recently, in May 2020, the very first directory of Montréal startups, Startup Radar, was launched to facilitate data collection and measurement of the ecosystem.